Thursday, September 16, 2010

Recapture time !

How did I spend all those years living in the Netherlands?

>Let's say the usual stuff; school, work, freetime..
School was relatively easy on us with a policy of 4 schooldays a week, and sometimes even half days (or we made them halfdays). It was close to the city centre Amsterdam; which will always remain an amazing city. Enough reasons for us classmates to spend our after school hours there. Unfortunately, those (half) days weren’t all..we had tons of schoolwork to do outside class hours. The sales event project for example, where spent most of our time on before everyone left for an exchange program abroad. But it was all worth it. In de end, all groups held their own sales events, which to the teacher meant a learning experience in organizing and sales and, a financial contribution to non-profit organizations. We rather considered them to be farewell parties ;-). Our team did great, we managed to held a perfect ‘’farewell’’ party at one of the greatest locations in Amsterdam (Escape DeLux) ending up with a great score.

Luckily, school wasn’t all.. besides from the relatively large amount of free time that was given to us, we had a lot of vacations; at least once every two months and the best part: a 2 month during summer break. (can’t believe how tough my cousin’s school in the Philippines is being on her; 6 full school days a week and limited vacation breaks? I wonder if I would have survived) – this allowed me to do some traveling every half year.

The sources of finance were the part-time jobs I had. I managed to keep my job as a receptionist at the hotel for almost a year. The flexible times, ability to do my homework at the desk and nice guests from all over the world were triggers to stay there. The not so nice guests, the sometimes chaotic management and the routine I experienced after some time were definitely NOT (and of course the fact that I would be abroad for the upcoming year).

How did I spend the remaining part of my time? Well, eating, sleeping and of course hanging out with friends who I truly love! But unfortunately I couldn’t bring them to my new place and so I fully engaged myself in a new world I am now involved in.

- This shout-out is to the good memories I have in that amazing country (folks, I know it’s a small world back there but stop complaining!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment