Thursday, October 7, 2010

Office life

another message from the office girl ;-)

Ever thought that working for the government is a serious job? Well it is; the government has a lot of responsibilities. But from my experiences as an intern here at the DTI, it does not always have to be :)

Take my neighbor for example. It was September when she put a little Christmas tree on her desk! Just to get into the mood for Christmas. How cute! And she loves playing piano on her iPhone, she sits behind her desk like a Buddha and she is on FB ALL the time. Yep, she's great fun to have around! And her neighbor too, who always sings when it happens to be quiet.

They take me out shopping during office hours once in a while. What a lovely job isn't it? Whenever there's a trade fair or some other event organised by the DTI, of course DTI employees get invited. And since most of them are in Megamall, why not broaden its boarders and take quick visits to one of the amazing shops Megamall offer? I can remember when one of my colleagues said:''yes, I wanna join, I need to go to Forever 21 to buy a gift for my friend''..meanwhile she gets paid for those 2 hours of shopping ^^

But it's not shopping only of course. In fact, it is also enjoying the many promotions companies have here in and outside this building. Last week for example I got to enjoy some great tastings and even a free diamond peeling in the midst of this btw serious looking building!

You think the boss would not allow these pleasures during office hours? Apparently she does! Or; I don't even think she cares because she knows she has great workers and she is too busy handling meetings and travelling anyway.

Things can get even better during the times she travels, because that means that the boss is not around. What happens then? Well, let's say alot of eating (Filipino's love to eat), food sharing (yes, we are collectivists remember?) and overall fun times at random places in this building. You definitely won't find the majority of the employees behind their desk. It's like a celebration. Sad for the boss, but hey she's lucky that she get's to travel to the coolest places every week or so.

Luckily I'm considered a guest here and not a regular employee, which means that I have even more privileges than they already have. I can come whenever I want (because I don't have a boss), I got spoiled by some amazing (supersweet!) treats and more nice experiences are still waiting for me..because I'll be flying to 2 beautiful regions here in the Philippines soon! (more about that later)

No comments:

Post a Comment